Say Ahh: The Cavity in Healthcare Reform Trailer
– 1 min 37 sec
At Lynn Dental Care, not only do we take care of your traditional dental needs like exams, x-rays, cleanings, fillings, root canals, and crowns, but we also practice Complete Health Dentistry, the first line of defense against disease.
The Link Between the Mouth and Body
One aspect of Complete Health Dentistry is educating our patients about the systemic link between the mouth and body. Your mouth is the doorway to the rest of your body. It is how you provide your body with nutritional benefits, it can provide indications of general health problems, and it can affect your overall health. Inflammatory conditions in the gums have for reaching affects throughout the body.
Although oral health involves caring for your teeth and gums, it is also caring for the rest of your body. Poor oral health can lead to serious health conditions such as periodontal disease. Additionally, research shows that periodontal disease and other infections of the mouth are linked to higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other systemic diseases
Blood Pressure Monitoring
Another aspect of Complete Health Dentistry is to offer our patients at Lynn Dental Care blood pressure monitoring (free of charge). It is important to monitor your blood pressure because it can signal risks of health problems. An individual with high blood pressure (hypertension) is at risk of damaging their:
- Arteries: High blood pressure can cause your arteries to become narrow, decreasing blood flow.
- Heart: Your heart can be severely damaged due to high blood pressure, resulting in coronary artery disease, enlarged left heart, and even heart failure.
- Kidneys: Serious health issues such as kidney scarring and kidney failure can be a result of high blood pressure.
- Brain: High blood pressure levels can cause mild cognitive impairment, stroke, and even dementia.
- Eyes: The blood vessels connected to your eyes can become damaged from high blood pressure, causing fluid build up or nerve damage.
Glucose testing is the third aspect of Complete Health Dentistry at Lynn Dental Care. Although Glucose testing is not required for dental services, it will test your blood sugar levels and can indicate serious health concerns such as diabetes and thyroid problems.
Contact Lynn Dental Care
If you are looking for a Dallas dentist office that not only cares about your oral health but also cares about your overall health, contact Lynn Dental Care today. We offer holistic general and cosmetic dental services to our patients. In addition to holistic care, we also use the most advanced dental technology today to provide our patients with a comfortable dental experience. Contact our friendly staff members at Lynn Dental Care at 972-934-1400 to schedule an appointment!