Tooth Fun Facts from Lynn Dental Care
For most of us, teeth are an important part of everyday life that we might not think about all of the time. At Lynn Dental Care, we care a lot about teeth. As a premier provider of general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry services for the Dallas, Texas, area, we’ve gathered quite a bit of information about teeth over the years. In today’s Lynn Dental Care blog, we will take a look at some of our team’s favorite fun facts about teeth.
Tooth Fun Facts
- Humans develop two sets of teeth in their lifetime. The first set has 20 teeth and the second set has 32.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
- Tooth prints are like fingerprints—they are completely unique to each person!
- Over a lifetime, the average American will spend around 38 days total brushing their teeth.
- If you don’t floss, you can miss cleaning almost 40% of the surface of your teeth.
- There are over 300 different kinds of bacteria that make up tooth plaque.
- Archeologists have found evidence of braces on mummies in Ancient Egypt.
- People used to clean their teeth with sticks by fraying the end and creating bristles to clean off the surface of their teeth.
- In medieval times, cavities were believed to have been caused by tooth worms.
- About 35% of people never develop wisdom teeth.
- If a tooth is knocked out, you can place it in milk to keep it alive until you can receive emergency dental services.
- The only teeth that aren’t developed by the time a human is born are the wisdom teeth, which develop during adolescence.
Taking Care of Your Teeth with Lynn Dental Care
The health and care of teeth is our number one priority at Lynn Dental Care. We strive to provide the best in general dentistry services as well as high-quality orthodontics and TMJ treatment. Dr. Brock Lynn has years of training and experience as both a dentist and a periodontist that help him provide the best care for our Lynn Dental Care patients.
When you come for an appointment at Lynn Dental Care, you can rest assured knowing that your care is being handled by a highly trained and experienced staff. For more information on any of the services we offer, check out the Lynn Dental Care website. You can also call our Dallas dentist office at 972-934-1400 today to schedule your appointment. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!