Keep Your Smile Bright for Your Sweetheart
Did you know that a healthy, confident smile is often ranked among a person’s most attractive features? In fact, numerous surveys suggest that smiling more can even make you appear more attractive than the surly, frowning version of you. However, you may not want to flaunt your smile if you believe that it isn’t exactly looking its best. This Valentine’s Day, put your best smile forward with these tips from your Dallas dentist, Dr. Brock Lynn.
Guide to a Bright Smile
- Some of the most common tooth stains are those that occur from the food and beverages you consume. To help minimize the effect that your meals can have on your teeth, it is important that you brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day, every day.
- Dental plaque, the sticky substance that sticks to your teeth and gums from time to time, is more easily stainable than your tooth enamel. Brush and floss before you leave for your date to minimize your risk of embarrassing food stains later.
- Saliva is your mouth’s natural defense against a lot of things, including bacterial plaque and food debris. Stay hydrated to facilitate a healthy saliva flow by drinking plenty of water, especially if there is alcohol involved. Consequently, try to stay away from red wine; its dark pigment is one of the most notorious tooth strainers among the food groups.
- If you’ve ignored your dental visits for a while, then your discolored teeth may by a symptom of one or more dental diseases that have developed without your realization.
- You should also try to avoid darkly colored fruit juices and sodas. Their acidity levels can weaken your tooth enamel and make staining that much easier.
- Eat more vegetables, especially the crisp ones like celery. The fibrous texture acts as tiny scrub brushes that help remove minor stains from your teeth’s surfaces.
Bright and Healthy Smiles in Dallas
If stains remain on your teeth in spite of your best efforts to prevent or erase them, then ask Dr. Lynn about one of our professional tooth-whitening treatments. Please call our Dallas, TX, office at 972-934-1400 and set up a consultation today. We are proud to serve residents from Dallas, Park Cities, Highland Park, and other area communities.