How to Choose an Implant Dentist in Dallas
So you think you want implants. You’ve heard that they’ll change your life. No more embarrassing slipping dentures during dinner. No more worry about loose dentures when you’re speaking in public. Life will be great…if you choose the right implant dentist. So how’s a consumer, or patient, to know which implant dentist is best? In a city like Dallas, there are so many implant dentists to choose from.
I recommend, no matter where you live, you consider five key factors (besides financing and insurance). If your dentist checks out on all of these points, then you can eliminate your fear factor and schedule an appointment. On your part, though, you need to be honest and forthcoming with your dentist. If you’re scared or unsure that you want implants, tell the dentist. He or she should be able to provide you with the information you need to feel confident and comfortable with your decision to get dental implants.
The Qualifications Factor
- Does the dentist provide dental implant surgery and restoration, or would you visit a periodontist’s or oral surgeon’s office for the surgery?
- What continuing education or certifications does the dentist have placing and/or restoring dental implants?
The Experience Factor
- How many dental implant cases has the dentist completed recently (in the last year)?
- Can you contact one of his or her implant patients for a reference? Are testimonials available for your review?
The Reputation Factor
- How long has the dentist worked in the area? Where was he or she before moving to Dallas?
- On Google Places, HealthGrades, and other public review websites, what do people say about this dentist?
The Facility Factor
- If the dentist offers implant surgery, does he or she have a surgical suite in the office?
- Does the dentist offer nitrous oxide, oral sedation, conscious sedation, or IV sedation for implant surgery?
- Request a tour of the office, and think about how you feel. Are you comfortable in this place? Does everything look clean; is the team friendly; are the current patients happy?
The Likability Factor
- Do you like the dentist? You don’t have to give a reason. Just go with your instinct. Only you know how you really feel.
- Do you feel comfortable, safe, and welcome in the office?
I’m Dr. Brock Lynn, an implant dentist and board-certified periodontist with a dental office in the Dallas area. Before I became a dentist, my father was a dentist in Highland Park. I believe you’ll feel comfortable, confident, and welcome in either of my offices. In fact, I invite you to schedule an office tour and consultation with me. Let’s talk about your dental history, and what you want out of your dental implant experience. There’s no obligation tied to a consultation. It’ll just be you and me getting to know one another. Come on in, and let’s see what we can do to give you the service and smile you deserve.