A clean, healthy-looking smile begins with proper dental care, but in some cases, the only needs a person has in this area are purely cosmetic. Stains on the teeth may not necessarily mean they are unhealthy, but they can affect your level of confidence. These stains may result from chemicals, food items, or simply old age, and they can linger interminably if nothing is done about it.
Toothpastes and mouth rinses can be useful in improving your teeth’s whiteness, but they tend to require days, weeks, or even months for them to be at all effective. In some cases, they may not work at all, leaving your teeth just as discolored as they were before. Some types of stains are even resistant to professional whitening methods, as is the case with tetracycline stains, which form within tooth enamel while the teeth are still forming in the gums.
There are many options when it comes to whitening your teeth, but not all of them may be as fast or effective as professional methods. Dr. Lynn offers two highly effective options to patients who are seeking a whiter, healthier-looking smile.
- Ultradent Opalescence Xtra Boost: This is a peroxide-based gel that is applied individually to your teeth. It sits on your teeth for fifteen minutes, after which it is cleared away and reapplied twice more. Throughout the process, which takes less than an hour, special care is taken to ensure that teeth are whitened evenly and that irritation to the gums is prevented.
- KöR Deep Bleaching: For patients with stubborn stains that are beyond most traditional cleaning methods, we recommend KöR Deep Bleaching. This method uses an advanced formula to help teeth accept whitening agents that would not have worked before, such as in the case of tetracycline staining.
The type of cleaning method you choose ultimately depends on your individual needs, but whichever turns out to be the one for you, it will result in a much whiter, more confident smile within a minimal procedure time.
In addition to having whiter, cleaner-looking teeth, professional tooth whitening has other benefits, including:
- No downtime: Most procedures take less than an hour with no recovery or waiting time.
- Long-lasting results: Professional products clean deeply, allowing for longer-lasting results than other methods.
- High effectiveness: Professional methods are able to accomplish what over-the-counter measures may not, especially in the case of more stubborn stains.
When seeking professional tooth whitening, contact Lynn Dental Care for the individualized treatment you—and your smile—deserve.