At Lynn Dental Care, we are committed to providing the best treatment for your situation. Whether this involves creating a custom implant abutment or planning general dentistry procedures, we utilize the best technology available to provide you with the most reliable service possible. One of the technologies we use in our office is 3D Cone Beam Imaging. This technology has numerous advantages over conventional x-rays and CT scans that make it ideal for both reconstructive and general dentistry.
What Is Cone Beam Imaging?
Cone Beam Imaging is an x-ray scanning technology that provides your dentist with a complete, 3D image of your mouth and head. It is far more than a flat, static image of your teeth. It is a total view of everything that may affect a diagnosis or come into play over the course of a procedure. Here’s how it works:
- You sit in a chair with the scanning device by your head
- The scanner makes a complete revolution around your head, projecting a cone-shaped x-ray
- The data from the scan is stored digitally for easy viewing and reproduction
The whole scanning process takes about 10 seconds with no preliminary preparation necessary. Once the scan is complete, your dentist can then take a look at 2D or 3D images, panoramic views of your teeth, and image sequences.
Advantages of 3D Cone Beam Imaging
This technology has numerous advantages over other imaging methods, including the following benefits:
- Less radiation: The Cone Beam scanner provides the same images as a CT scanner with far less radiation. Also, a traditional x-ray would require many exposures to produce the same results that Cone Beam imaging provides with just one.
- More affordable: The technology is significantly more affordable than CAT scanners, allowing us to provide you with the precise imaging you need at a lower cost.
- More information: Since it provides a more thorough view of your mouth than traditional dental impression methods, Cone Beam imaging allows your dentist to make more informed diagnoses and plans. For example, at Lynn Dental, we use this technology to create custom abutments for dental implants.
- Precise: This imaging technology has an extremely high accuracy ratio, making planning and implant design very precise.
- Low risk: There is no film to lose with Cone Beam imaging. Everything is stored digitally and can therefore be easily viewed, printed, and reproduced without risk of losing the images.
- Convenient: There is no pre-scan preparation necessary with this technology. In addition, the whole scan takes only ten seconds. Once it’s done, we’re able to take a look at the results right away, saving you the time and hassle involved with other imaging technologies.
3D Cone Beam Imaging allows us at Lynn Dental to make accurate diagnoses and form treatment plans for a wide variety of dental care needs. This, combined with Dr. Lynn’s experience in dental care, allows for the best personalized treatment for your mouth and teeth. To learn more about how we provide you with the care your smile deserves, contact us at Lynn Dental Care today.